cricket lounge

Avatarsum of the parts is more than the whole

Mathew Hoggard pens his biography



Hoggy: Welcome to My World: The Peculiar World of Matthew Hoggard (Hardcover)
by Matthew Hoggard (Author)

I can’t pursuade you enough. Having a Memorial Day long week gave me a chance to read some books, and Matthew Hoggard’s is one that I’m making my way through. It is like no sporting biography I’ve encountered before, which is just as well: most are tedious and premature. Hoggy, on the other hand, has written his with an England career behind him.


Like the man himself, it is unashamedly bonkers and refreshingly obscure. There are scribbles and cartoons (of his wife, Sarah, though they look as though his toddler son Ernie drew them), and whole paragraphs dedicated to his dogs. He attributes his run-up to a quirk in the layout of his garden when he was young. And he is surely the first cricketer, nay sportsman, to mention masturbation as a key aspect of surviving long tours overseas.
I can’t urge you enough to read a paragraph << CLICK TO READ of it . It’ll surely bring a smile to your face

0 comments:

Post a Comment