cricket lounge

Avatarsum of the parts is more than the whole

Kamran Khan : latest sensation for RR


Meet Kamran Khan, the tennis-ball cricketer with no first-class experience, but who may soon shine for Rajasthan Royals


Mohammad Kamran Khan's mother's only wish was to see her son on television, playing cricket.


Mohammad Kamran Khan, who signed a Rajasthan Royals contract on Sunday, bowls in the nets. PIC/Narendra Dangiya

But when he could be all set to grace the big stage in the Indian Premier League (IPL), his mother is not alive to see it. The 18-year-old rookie left-arm speedster from Azamgarh signed a Rs 12 lakh contract with IPL champions Rajasthan Royals, late on Sunday evening.

"I can't express how happy I am. I knew I would play for a big team one day, but I never thought it would come so early," a delighted Kamran told MiD DAY yesterday.




Kamran came to Mumbai with his coach Naushad Khan five years ago but left a couple of years later when his father expired. "It was tough to leave my mother alone. More than my father, it was my mother who wanted me to play top-level cricket. She always wished to see me on TV. Now that I am so close to fulfilling her wish, she isn't there to watch me," added Kamran, whose mother passed away a year after his father's demise

0 comments:

Post a Comment